April 13, 2014
Let's check in with the moonbats
No, not the usual LGOMB, but our 'ol pal Perry who has been banished from just about every right-leaning blog imaginable due to his perpetual inanity and threat-making. Amazingly, the proprietor of the First Street Journal has remained quite the gentleman, still donating bandwidth to this loser for his own blog. At any rate, check out this image recently put up by Perry to make his case about the "superiority" of "progressivism." Aside from the fact that several items on the list are certainly morally questionable (like "compulsory education?" ObumbleCare??), two can play at this game. For instance:
- Conservatives opposed the 1917 Marxist Revolution in Russia.
- Conservatives opposed the Castro Revolution in Cuba in 1959.
- Conseravtives opposed the Cultural Revolution in China.
- Conservatives opposed the expansion of the USSR into eastern Europe.
- Conservatives opposed Hugo Chávez's reign in Venezuela.
- Conservatives opposed Pol Pot's regime in Cambodia.
See a pattern here?
Posted by Hube at April 13, 2014 10:07 AM
Well, it's the truth, isn't it?
It baffles me to no end that Dana continues to donate bandwidth to a total loser like Perry. You'd think constantly threatening people's livelihoods would enough for Dana to consider dropping Perry's "blog" (from what I've read, it's just the ramblings of an old, bitter, angry liberal loser) altogether.
What cracks me up about his image is the first item is "conservatives opposed the American Revolution (liberals won)," yet he fails to realize that the founders of that revolution would be opposed to the federal government being involved in just about the entire rest of his list!!
Too easy to dispel:
1. The American Revolution WAS a conservative revolution- the founding fathers were "Conserving" the rights of British citizens as codified in the Glorious Revolution of 1688 and the Magna Carta. They would have considered the term 'revolution' in the same way that we currently mean 'revolution'- to make a full circle back to where you started. The "American Revolution" actually STARTED in 1688, we "revolved" away from that, and the founders (and the Whigs at that time) sought to bring us 360 degrees back to the starting point of the idea of parliamentary government (one full "revolution").
2. Conservatives supported slavery? Yes- I distinctly remember the conservative Democratic party outright fighting the nasty Republicans. It was clearly the Democrats' deeply held religious beliefs that led them to oppose slavery and go to war to end it as an institution. Again- Conservatives were seeking to "conserve" the rights of all men- as Lincoln spelled out several times.
3. Conservatives opposed blacks and women voting? Again with the revisionism- it was Republicans and conservatives who were fighting for this (who was it, again, that voted for the civil rights act in a higher percentage?)
4. Stopping child labor? Yes- clearly the religious left pushed this agenda (oh wait- WHAT religious left?)
Don't want this post to go on forever but suffice to say: if the progressives want to own Social Security and Medicare I'd say- let 'em have it. (Also- who has "compulsory education"?)
For the record- progressives supported Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. It was the progressive intelligentsia (and not the average middle-class- German bourgeoise) who, in overwhelming numbers, put Hitler in power and fought to keep him there. It was conservatives who fought the Bolsheviks and are currently fighting in Venezuela...so again...this genius needs to actually learn some history
Great points, fern. Indeed, regarding your first point, M. Stanton Evans' book _The Theme Is Freedom_ argues exactly that -- that the American Revolution was conservative in that the British Parliament was essentially changing laws at a whim, which the Founders sought to counter with established principles.
Prohibition was a "progressive" idea (conservatives were against this).
The "New Deal" accomplished a ton of NOTHING pre-WWII (arguably prolonging an already painful depression)- and conservatives were against this- see Henry Morgenthau Jr's quote ( "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work....After eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started...and an enormous debt to boot!").
The California "eugenics" movement in which the state sterilized 20,000 of it's own citizens was VASTLY opposed by the Religious Right - Progressive FAIL
The Colossus of Rhodey: Let's check in with the moonbats
Hey, I think if you have the heart to make things better, you will surely be able to do it! dont give up just yet! It?? just a bad day, and doesnt make ur decision of teaching the next generation wrong! All the best and keep up the good work!
Yeezy Boost 350 2
They are many other ways that I’m sure you and I can imagine. Observe that forex has risky market place issues that are never stand still, most specially the currency exchange charge.docufree. With all the accurate unusual dealing training, you will be for the accurate monitor to be able to generate a massive amount of profit by exchanging on the foreign currency marketSo, what are classes that you will uncover whenever you be held in a Forex trading schooling? You are going to be aware of the genuine design of Forex currency trading training.Pizza Hut Coupon Codes | Pizza Hut Online CouponsRose Jeter Wont Break Hits Record Of 4256 - RealGM WiretapPete Rose doesn't believe Derek Jeter will eventually become Major League Baseball's all-time hits leader. There are enough profits to pay off all the debt in four years, so at the end of that period, the company is effectively debt free.Nowadays, there is high competition among Viagra and Cialis because former being firstly introduced one and latter seems more targeted than Viagra, it is the reason why people are considering Viagra as the king and Cialis as the prince anti-ED medicine. Furthermore the ownership that they'll allow you to earn by operating the business profitably will typically be much greater than the equity which you buy at the outset.Use of these drugs can cause some side effects; therefore you are advised to take medical guidance before taking up these medicines, so that you can prevent yourself from unwanted health problem that may be created if you take these drugs negligently. Short grass also makes a magnetic nail finder work much more efficiently. First of all, Idon't think he wants to leave the Yankees.The starting off part of your Forex currency trading education will concentrate on understanding the foreign currency market track record.
Hello! I could have sworn I??e been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it?? new to me. Anyways, I?? definitely delighted I found it and I??l be bookmarking and checking back often!|
Yeezy 350 V2
Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon everyday. It will always be helpful to read through content from other authors and use something from other web sites.
vera bradley bags
louis vuitton portefeuille hommes
boost sie yeezy 350 deutschland zum verkauf
The Colossus of Rhodey: Let's check in with the moonbats
adidas yeezy prijs zuid-afrika
louis vuitton houston