October 07, 2013
Just how small is the current occupant of the White House? Take a look:
- Police placed cones on the road to prevent people from viewing Mt. Rushmore.
- Barriers were set up to prevent access to the World War II Memorial. Thankfully, some vets who had planned on visiting didn't stand for it. They also went through barriers to the Iwo Jima Memorial.
- Police removed vets from the Vietnam War Wall. It's a wall.
- Hundreds of privately funded parks were ordered shut down. This has never before happened in such instances. The parks are on federal land, FWIW.
- Funny, if the rationale for the above is "Well, the parks are on federal land," then why is the golf course at Andrews AFB still open? Y'know, where President Lemon plays? "The Andrews Air Force Base golf course is funded through user fees and that’s why it remains open, said Air Force Captain Lindy Singleton, chief of public affairs for the 11th Wing at Andrews." OK, but isn't the land ... federal land?? Hypocrites.
- Oh, the same rationale for the privately funded parks was used for Mount Vernon, too.
- The AmberAlert.gov website was taken down; however, Michelle Obama's LetsMove.gov is still operating. Priorities, y'know.
In a nutshell, here's what a park ranger said: “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”
This is your federal government. And it currently wants to run our healthcare system, by the way.
Posted by Hube at October 7, 2013 04:45 PM
Just reopen the government, then all these problems would be solved.
Why didn't most of this sort of stuff happen in previous "shut-downs" then?
Uh-oh, do I smell a Perry cloaked in anonymity?
I saw the name Observer on the recent comments section and remembered that was an alias of his over at Patterico a few months ago...