I tweeted this right after I heard it last night: Fox News contributor Bob Beckel was serious when he told Bill O'Reilly that "it doesn't matter" that all the major networks' talking heads are liberals and/or Democrats. Check it out:
This is "progressive" elitism (and delusion) in the proverbial nutshell -- these anchors et. al. "are beyond" taking sides. Right. Somehow, though, it doesn't apply to Fox News' straight news folks ... y'know, the network which the Boss Obama administration attempted to boycott and ostracize early in its term. (That worked out really well, huh?)
"Doesn't matter?" Let's see:
- A check at ABCNews.com an hour or so ago found no mention of Boss Obama and Benghazi. Maybe this explains it.
- MSNBC has a total blackout on coverage of the Boss Obama-Benghazi cover-up.
- The Washington Post buries the latest Benghazi revelations on page A9.
- The NY Times puts the Benghazi e-mail revelations on page A5.
- Politico thinks Senate hopeful Richard Mourdock's controversial abortion comments are more important than Benghazi-gate.
- The AP ignored the fact that Boss Obama knew about the nature of the Benghazi attacks.
But perhaps most damning:
- CBS's "60 Minutes" did not air proof that Boss Obama knew about the nature of the Benghazi attacks the day after they happened -- thereby indicting Boss Obama, but also itself being in on the deception!
It truly is remarkable how totally in the bag for Boss Obama our dinosaur media is. 30 years ago they'd get away with it and we'd probably never know. But it's a whole new media world now. Which makes comments like Beckel's the essence of pure, unadulterated fantasy.
Posted by Hube at October 25, 2012 05:27 PM
So let me see if I got this straight from Herr Beckel:
If all the network news anchors are leftist, then it doesn't make a difference.
If all the network news anchors were conservative, he would be complaining all the time.
But as long as they are of the left, Beckel doesn't have a problem. What a hypocritical jerk. Gawd, I love to despise these people. They make it so easy.